Mladenovo is a village in the municipality of Bačka Palanka (14 km away), in the Južnobački administrative district. According to the 2011 census, there were 2,679 inhabitants. The village was founded by the Hungarian king Bela IV in the 13th century under the name Bukin. After the Second World War, in 1946, the village changed its name to Mladenovo after Mladen Stojanović, a doctor and national hero. It is the place where the Danube and Mostonga meet. And this other one used to be a powerful river. Exactly half a century ago, in 1969, the Cultural and Artistic Association "Mladen Stojanović" was registered. The manifestation "Days of Colonization" is celebrated by the people of Mladenovac every August. In the village there is a school, an Orthodox and a Catholic church.