About Pivnice

Coordinates: 45 ° 28'10 ″ N, 19 ° 27'19 E

Pivnice is a village in Serbia in the municipality of Backa Palanka (33 km away) in the South Bačka District. According to the 2011 census, there were 3337 inhabitants. The pubs were first mentioned in 1650 under the name Pivnica. By physically merging the part of the village where the Serbs lived and the part of the village where the Slovaks lived, the Serbs took the name Pivnica, and the Slovaks kept the name Pivnica. The Orthodox Church of the Assumption of the Mother of God was built in 1746, and the current Slovak church in Pivnice (Evangelical) was built in the period 1824-1826.

There are 3337 inhabitants in Pivnice, 586 Serbs, 2523 Slovaks. The village, which faithfully preserves the tradition of the Slovak people through manifestations of customs, music, folklore and theater performances.