Museums of the municipality of Bačka Palanka

Museums

City Museum-Backa Palanka

The work of the Amateur Museological Section collected museum material, and in 1982, by the decision of the Municipal Assembly, the Museum Unit in Bačka Palanka was established, which operated as part of the SIZ for Culture. In 1992, it was renamed the City Museum and is part of the Bačka Palanka Cultural Center. The museum includes an archeological, paleontological, numismatic, ethnological, historical and art collection as well as a professional library.

Open-air museum "House of Savić" - Neštin 

The Savić family house is a developed type of rural house, the appearance of which is characteristic of the area of Srem in the 18th century, covered with mud from wickerwork. In the traditional Serbian style, three-part foundations, gabled roof, covered with reeds, steep. 

Works on the rehabilitation, conservation and restoration of Savić's house in Neštin (1743), construction of a replica of a three-part house and a barn made of tiles from Susek (early 19th century) and a three-part house with a porch and basement of stone and charge from Čerević (1773), from 2012 to In 2015, the review of the development of folk architecture in Fruška gora during the hundred-year period was completed and work began on the formation of the open-air museum "House of Savić" in Neštin. 

In 2013, a replica of the House with a barn from Susek was built, a bread oven with a smokehouse, the Rehabilitation, conservation and restoration of the Barn from Susek was carried out, and works on the current maintenance of the Savić House were carried out.

During the year, an action of buying furniture and furniture was carried out in order to equip the Savić House.

In 2014, a replica of the House from Čerević was built, water was brought to the plot and a field toilet was built.

In 2015, the economic facility-pigsty from Susek was purchased, dismantled and assembled. And on the lower plot, in the immediate vicinity of the House from Cerevic, a sanitary facility-toilet was built for the visitors and users of the complex.

Beer Museum-Chelarevo

In the area of its brewery in Čelarevo, the company Carlsberg Serbia on October 22, 2008. yr. opened the first authentic beer museum in the region. The idea and initiative to establish a beer museum came straight from Carlsberg's headquarters in Copenhagen, where the old brewery houses the Visitors' Center, where anyone curious through pictures, exhibits and a story can experience how Carlsberg became a global brewery from a small beer workshop. as it is today. The founder, famous philanthropist and landowner Lazar Dundjerski, to whom the museum is also dedicated, had a special significance and role in the history of the brewery. The museum is a combination of traditional and modern heritage, where throughout history, visitors can get acquainted in detail with the ancient ways of making, storing and distributing hop and barley drinks. A special place in the museum is occupied by the catering inventory that was used 100 years ago, as well as documentation, letters and photographs from the first decades of the brewery's existence. In the central part of the museum there are also modern brands of the company from Leo, Tuborg, Carlsberg, Holstein, to the imported Czech Budweisser Budvar, Irish Kilkenny and Guinness.

Organized visits to the museum are on Fridays from 2 to 4 p.m. There is a possibility of visiting another day with prior notice and agreement with the contact person. There is no entrance fee.

Equestrian Museum-Karadjordjevo

In the southwestern part of Bačka, only 15 km from Bač, is the famous Karađorđevo stud farm, founded in 1885. Today, the stud farm has about 90 heads, including Lipizzaners and English thoroughbred horses. The complex also includes a museum of horsemanship, opened in 1983. Today, the museum houses the trophies that won the throats from the previous few decades, accompanied by photographs. The most important exhibits, however, are sledges and carriages from the Titian period, as well as the oldest book of impressions in our country from 1924.