Castles of the municipality of Backa Palanka

Dunđerski Castle - Čelarevo

From 1834 to 1837 Nikola Beseredi built the Castle in The builders were Aman and Hoffman. 1882 it was bought by Count Lazar Dundjerski, a landowner from Sombor. In the same year, he built a steam mill and a spirit factory. In 1884, he managed to clear half of the park and on the right side, not far from the castle, he built a brewery and planted hop gardens. Laza Kostić, Paja Jovanović and many other famous Serbs came to the castle. The building was built in the form of a summer house and in the neoclassical style from the beginning of the 19th century. It used to house a collection of period furniture from the territory of Vojvodina. Today, the restored furniture is in the Vojvodina Museum in Novi Sad. A small or old castle is a ground floor building with a rectangular base, located to the left of the entrance to the park. In 1798, a porch was built on the courtyard side, which rests on slender wooden pillars with decoratively decorated capitals. On the current part of the street facade there is a shallow risalit with three windows. The right side wing has three windows and the left one. The windows have protective grilles made of solid, iron bars. The attic wreath is decorated with small circular openings with rosettes. The high roof is on two waters, and is cut by narrower sides. The great castle has a French park in front and an English park in the back. It is a prominent example of classical architecture in Vojvodina. The front facade is decorated with a portico with 4 Doric pillars, a tympanum and a staircase. On the left and right side of the main entrance at the front of the castle, there is a niche that has the same height and semicircular finish as the opening for the front door. The main façade has four windows on each side, which have a flat profiled window sill supported by consoles. Under the window there is a rectangular recess in which six ornaments in the form of balusters line each other. The conception shows a relatively simple solution. The central part is protruding in front of the front of the western facade, in the middle is the entrance to the park in the form of a double door, which leads to the terrace. To the left and right of this risalit there are three windows, equally decorated as the windows on the front of the castle.

In 2000 and 2003, the furniture of the castle and the facade of the building itself were restored. was placed under protection as a cultural monument of great importance.